Deadline for ALL categories and all levels is May 1, 2017
A physical education substitute high school credit program available to students in grades 9-12 to earn state graduation credits for their commitment to an off-campus physical education program. The student may receive 1/2 credit of physical education per semester for a maximum of one (1.0) credit earned toward the state high school graduation requirement.
A middle school substitution for physical education is available for grades 6-8. Middle school qualifications are as follows: must be category one only with a minimum of 15 hours per school week at a district approved agency.
1. General information and guidelines for the OCPE program will be updated each year in January for the following school year.
2. The OCPE program is an approved substitution program that meets the Physical Education requirement standards set by RRISD and TEA. Students that wish to receive credit must apply each school year.
3. The agency must be on the Approved Agency List for consideration of a student application.
4. The student and agency applications are available for printing at the links below.
5. All student and agency applications will be carefully considered; however, completion of the application does not guarantee District approval to participate in the OCPE.
6. All deadlines are strictly enforced.
7. An approval or denial letter will be emailed or mailed to the physical address of the applicant.
8. School counselors and instructor/agency will be notified of the status of their agency and all student applications.
9. The agency will be responsible for reporting grades at the end of each marking period to the student’s campus. A grade form will be provided to each agency.
If you have questions about the OCPE Program, please contact the OCPE Program Administrator, at 512-464-5480.